Before watching the video, gather writing materials and make a list of 3 things YOU think Google looks for in it's employees.
While you are watching the clips, jot down additional skills including programs you may hear, brainstorming techniques and other creative assets they want in employees.
Once you've compiled a solid list, we will share out skills/assets as a class to create a large bank.
Activity: 100 pts.
CLO: Students will be able to reflect on past experiences to create a resume relevant to the creative industry.
- Use the list generated by the class to guide your resume building.
Create an account at www.visualcv.com (It will ask you if you want to upgrade, say no).
- Fill out the Name, Headline and Title
- For the headline, use your personal background experience to create a unique/attention grabbing catchphrase
- Fill out relevant work history and education
- Edit the headings to be appropriate to your situation! (Educational experiences, education history, etc)
- List all digital media classes individually along with description and key skills (collaborate where necessary)
- Add section at the bottom for Skills
- Be specific.
- Use proficiencies: Advanced in Adobe Photoshop, Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Intermediate in Maya by Autodesk (modeling, key framing, etc)
When your resume is built, we will trade seats and you can critique your neighbor's resume using the following prompts:
- Is the resume interesting? What makes it so?
- Is the resume thorough/complete? Why?
- What could they add to make it more effective and memorable?
- Would you interview this person? Why or why not?