- Look at requirements
- Solidify concepts
- Rough Draft on PAPER
- Online Submission
Activity: In class: 30 pts.
- Brainstorm a list of 5 books that have inspired you in some way. Maybe they inspired you to be a better person. Maybe they inspired you to pursue a certain career. Maybe they helped you learn right from wrong... It's up to you!
- From this list choose 2 books and make a list of key points in the story.
Book: Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
- Twin girls move into old, historic London apartment after their aunt dies and leaves it to them.
- The ghost of the aunt still haunts the apartment.
- One twin, Valentina, learns to communicate with the dead aunt, Elspeth.
- Elspeth and Valentina plot to fake Valentina's death so she can leave her sister.
- When it's time, the ghost holds the twin's soul so everyone thinks she's died. Then the ghost, Elspeth puts her own soul back in her niece's body while her niece lives as a ghost in the apartment.
- Then, highlight, as above, parts of these key ideas that could translate as visual imagery.
- Last, use a piece of paper from the front of the room and the colored pencils or a pen to sketch out 2 separate ideas for the front and back cover along with the spine.
- If you have time, also begin your author's bio and illustrator's bio and/or the synopsis of the book
TO TURN IN TODAY:
- Double sided piece of paper with two separate sketches, one on each side, accounting for the covers and spine
- Sheet of paper with key points highlighted for 2 different stories.
- Online Submission Below: